Confusion about the 32 Bit and 64 Bit Operating System, We will try to understand the theme. Actually main different is come to the point when you are going to use 4GB RAM or More. Here we may address another point that x86 and 32 Bit are same.
Memory Addressing Power
- 32 Bit Memory Addressing Power is Lower
62 Bit Memory Addressing Power is very higher
- 1 Bit Processor having 2 locations
- 2 Bit Processor having 4 locations
- 3 Bit Processor having 8 locations
- 1 Bit Processor = 2 to the power 1 = 2
- 2 Bit Processor = 2 to the power 2 = 4
- 3 Bit Processor = 2 to the power 3 = 8
- 4 Bit Processor = 2 to the power 4 = 16
- 32 Bit Processor = 2 to the power 16= 4294967296 = 4GB
- 64 Bit Processor = 2 to the power 64=18446744073709551616=17179869184GB = 16EB(Exa Byte)
So, 64 Bit Processor can use any amount of RAM above 4 GB and can install a update version software on the contrary 32 Bit processor can not use any software which is asking for more memory above 4GB.